Zoom! Weekender Kit Contents:
Check your Zoom! Kit to ensure that it contains everything you need to whiten your teeth:
- Your custom-fitted whitening trays
- One tray storage case
- Whitening gel syringes
- Reusable mixing nozzles
- BreathRx Toothpaste
Please follow the directions carefully. If you have questions or if more than mild sensitivity develops, cease the treatment and contact your dental professional.
Studies show that most people see 6 1/3 shades* whiter teeth in just 3 nights of using Zoom! However, some patients will take longer to whiten. Each Zoom! Syringe contains 4 dual arch applications. Use Zoom! Overnight for a minimum of 4-6 hours per application for as many nights as it takes to achieve your desired shade. Store any remaining applications in the refrigerator for future touch-ups. Do not freeze.
*Based on overnight wear of 6% formula. Measured by Vitapan Classical Shade Guide chromatically arranged. Data on file.
For Optimum Results
The treatment should be uninterrupted. If you must skip a night or two, the process must be extended to compensate for the time missed.
Important to read thoroughly prior to whitening.
- Floss and brush your teeth.
- In a counterclockwise motion, twist and pull off the clear plastic cap from the end of the syringe.
- Place the mixing nozzle on the end of the syringe and secure by twisting the mixing nozzle in a clockwise motion.
- Place a small amount of gel in each tooth compartment in the tray.
Important: Overloading trays with gel may cause tooth sensitivity and/or gum irritation. A little gel goes a long way!
Each syringe has eight calibrated treatment doses. Use approximately one dose per tray per application. You may need to use less depending on the size of your teeth.
- Place the tray with the gel in your mouth. As you insert the tray, be careful not to push the gel out of the tray.
- Use extra care to avoid getting gel on your gums. Remove excess gel with a cotton swab or a dry toothbrush.
- Leave trays in mouth for a minimum of 4-6 hours.
- After whitening, rinse the trays with cold water. If necessary, use a toothbrush to remove any residual gel. Place the trays in the storage case, and store them in a cool, dry place.
- Rinse and brush your teeth to remove excess gel.
- Place tip cap on syringe nozzle after each use to avoid potential product leakage.
- Try to minimize consumption of coffee, tea, red wine and tobacco because these substances may re-stain the teeth during and after the whitening process.
- Continue to visit your dental office regularly for hygiene appointments and more Zoom! Gel for touch-ups.
- Refrigerate any remaining gel for subsequent touch-ups. Do not freeze.
- Use the treatment while pregnant or lactating
- Overload whitening trays with gel since tooth and/or gum irritation may occur.
- Use any household or other whitening products to whiten your teeth.
- Eat, drink or smoke while wearing your custom trays.
Some patients may experience increased tooth sensitivity to cold during the treatment, while others may have nonspecific sensitivity in their teeth, gums, tongue, lips, or throat. If any of these symptoms occur and are more than mild, discontinue the treatment until you speak with your dental professional. The symptoms should subside within 1-3 days after interrupting the treatment.
When the sensitivity is gone, consider the following options. If the problem is gum irritation, reduce the amount of gel used in your trays. Also, place your trays on your teeth and visually examine them. If the trays extend over your gums, have your dental professional trim them to prevent the gel from getting on your gums.
If the sensitivity is in the teeth, try whitening every other or every third night. If the sensitivity persists, ask your dental professional for Discus Dental’s Relief Desensitizing Gel to be used in conjunction with the whitening gel. Again, if the discomfort continues, discontinue the treatment and consult your dental professional.
It is normal to see dark color in the trays where you have old (silver) fillings. The gel oxidizes the surface stains on the amalgam fillings.
The area of the tooth closest to the gums may take longer to lighten than the biting edge. It will also remain the darkest part of the tooth.
Some patients will never need to repeat the whitening process. However, if you notice that you are acquiring some stain, you may do a touch-up for one to three nights every 4-6 months. Ask your dental professional for information about other Discus Dental products designed for whitening touch-ups.
Contact your dental professional if you have questions.