Prior to placement in the mouth:
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Always soften the appliance under warm tap water to aid the placement of the appliance over your teeth. This will maximize comfort during insertion and minimize the risk of the damage to resilient portion of the appliance.
To insert the appliance:
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to guide the appliance into place over your teeth.
- Gently close your teeth together to insure the appliance is fully seated.
Removal of the appliance:
- Use the forefinger and thumb of both hands to grasp the appliance.
- Use equal pull on both sides of the appliance from your teeth.
Cleaning of the appliance:
- Use liquid hand soap or other mild toothpaste abrasive recommended by your dentist.
- The use of "over the counter" denture cleaners with a maximum 15 minute soap will help manage any accumulation of minerals and stains.
- Brush the appliance under cold tap water with a soft brush.
Storage of your appliance:
- Allow the appliance to air dry. Air drying helps dissipate the opaque appearance caused by excessive moisture.
- Place the appliance in the container provided by our office, or use a scalable container such as a tupperware container.
- Storing your appliance in a moist dark container could cause growing of harmful bacteria and cause discoloration of the appliance.
- Store safely from pets.
Contact our office:
- If changes in your symptoms occur.
- If changes in the appearance of your mouth, gums, or appliance.